UMH 1989 #380
1. There's within my heart a melody;
Jesus whispers sweet and low:
"Fear not, I am with thee; peace be still,"
In all of life's ebb and flow.
Jesus, Jesus, Jesus ---
Sweetest name I know,
Fills my every longing,
Keeps me singing as I go.
2. All my life was wrecked by sin and strife;
Discord filled my heart with pain.
Jesus swept across the broken strings,
Stirred the slumb'ring chords again.
3. Feasting on the riches of His grace,
Resting 'neath His shelt'ring wing,
Always looking on His smiling face ---
That is why I shout and sing.
4. Though sometimes He leads through waters deep,
Trials fall across the way;
Though sometimes the path seems rough and steep,
See His footprints all the way.
5. Soon He's coming back to welcome me
Far beyond the starry sky.
I shall wing my flight to worlds unknown;
I shall reign with Him on high.